ROMANTIC FLORENCE: Valentines’ Day in FlorenceMin. reading
Lovers in Florence celebrate Valentine’s Day with a romantic package
The history of how Saint Valentine became the patron saint of lovers is still mysterious and rather controversial. Despite the long-running debate, Valentine’s Day has become a traditional celebration every year on February 14th throughout most of the world: for lovers, this is a good opportunity to celebrate their feelings, enriching their own love stories with new unforgettable memories.
Florence is a magic place, the ideal destination for couples in love who wish to discover their deepest feelings, to join their hearts as one.
Walking around Florence discovering the many romantic places is an unforgettable experience: it’s not possible to talk about love without mentioning Dante and Beatrice, visiting the Church Santa Margherita dei Cerchi, where Dante met Beatrice and fell in love with her at first sight; to walk then on the other side of the river “Oltrarno” to admire the elegant façade of the Palazzo di Bianca Cappello, whose the legendary beauty conquered the heart of the Grand Duke of Tuscany Francesco I de’ Medici; to visit the Casa Guidi’s museum, where the English poetess Elisabeth Barrett Browning and her husband Robert Browning once lived. And finally do not forget that Florence has had its “Romeo and Juliet” in the Santo Spirito district, where ancient grudges between two warring Florentine families, the Bardi and the Buondalmonti, did not prevent young, Dianora and Ippolito, from falling in love; a story with a much more joyful outcome than the Shakespeare tragedy.
Today, Florence is a safe haven for the happiest of modern lovers to seek their own joyous ending: waiting for a sunset on the Ponte Vecchio, enjoying the gentle romantic hills of Fiesole, or along the panoramic hill on San Miniato al Monte.
To crown this dream and experience first-hand some of life’s favorite romantic myths, you just need to stay in a residence dating back to the late 500’s A.D. in the heart of Florence, sleeping in room appointed with original antique furniture matched with contemporary art pieces, all different in size and position to create a special romantic getaway.
You will enjoy a lunch and dinner with a menu at our bistro restaurant “Il Desco” , in a warm and informal atmosphere to savor typical Tuscan dishes reinvented in a delicious and aphrodisiac way by our chef to celebrate your Love.
Our offer includes::
- Accommodation in a double room
- Buffet breakfast of fresh and high quality products
- Welcome Valentine’s gift” (a bottle of sparkling wine accompanied by pepper chocolates)
- Dinner menu for the occasion of February 14 (selection of your choice between an appetizer, a first course, second course, dessert per person) – drinks are not included, you can make your selection from our wine and beer list, where you can find either small Tuscan blends or the most famous ones and also craft beers . Our sommelier will be happy to give you the best advice to make the right choice.
Check availability and rates online
to book the offer “Valentine’s’ Day in Florence”
Terms and conditions:
- No penalty for cancellation before 3 days of arrival date. A penalty equal to one night accommodation will be applied for cancellations within 3 days of arrival date.
- In case of no-show, a penalty equal to one night accommodation will be applied for stays of one night. For stays of two nights or more, a penalty equal to two nights’ accommodation will be applied.
- Florence City tax of euro 3.50 per person per night (for a max of 7 nights – children up to 12 years of age are exempted) is NOT INCLUDED in the room rate and will be added to the hotel bill at check-out
- We ask you to let us know day and time to have lunch or dinner at our bistro restaurant “Il Desco” to book the table for you (lunch from 12 till 3:00 pm – dinner from 7:00 till 10:00 pm Monday – Saturday. Closed Sunday)